Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Makes Me Smile

We have had the most unusual gift of gorgeous warm weather which inspired me to complete this journal page for my Art of Wild Abandonment class. This is the first time I combined paper piecing with watercolours, acrylic paint, and pen doodles. I love this process...much to my surprise. I watercoloured the background and cut apart my sketch so I could use it as a template for the clothes. Once everything was glued down, I went to town with my Neocolor II crayons and my black pitt pens. I stamped some random messy areas with background stamps from Tim Holtz, pounced paint through punchinella, and used some Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges and over the pages to grunge  them up. I watercoloured the leaves of the poppies. Then I cut  two petals off  punched flowers and used my black pen to make them into poppies. For me, the words sum up my feelings about spring. I love how this piece ties in all of the new techniques I've been learning in my various classes.  I can't wait to see where I go next.
Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: