Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Man in the Moon




I made this card for my Wednesday post at the Stamp N Plus blog. I love this celestial stamp and as soon as I saw it, I knew just the expression I would pair it with.

I mounted the brightest, shiniest yellow cardstock I could find in my stash to plain black cardstock to form a mat. Next I used a Martha Stewart All over the page punch to make the star-struck border piece.

My favourite part is always the colouring with my Prismacolor pencils. I coloured the man in the moon with these and blended with a little OMS. Using a Paper Wishes labels template, I traced a shape around him and cut it out.

To make the focal image appear even more whimsical, I doodled a border with my black Pitt pen. I mounted the whole piece on more of the black and popped it up on foam tape for dimension.

The banner is hand cut, computer generated, and mounted on another scrap of black. I doodled some faux stitching around the edges. More foam dots were placed under the center section to keep it rigid..

Did you notice that I didn't add any extra sparkle or bling? I know..it surprised the heck out of me, too.

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time. Now I'm off to sharpen the 24 new Prismacolor pencils that arrived in the mail today. Yay..love new colours!

Life is good: so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: