Wednesday, May 09, 2012

O-fish-al greetings

I had so much fun creating this card for Stamp N Plus Scrap N that it almost should have been illegal ;) I love how whimsical this little fish stamp is so, naturally, I coloured him with my brightest Prismacolors. I wanted him to stand out next to the busy background paper (Me & My Big Ideas Tide Pool) so I layered him on some purple cardstock which I had also used as my matting. Now, every fish needs his bubbles so I stamped and fussy cut some using this bubbles background stamp on purple scraps. Tiny rhinestones were added as highlights to the bubbles and his eye. I computer-generated the sentiment and then mounted it on the same purple cardstock, scalloped with a punch. You know how I love detail...well, I just had to add faux stitching around the text boxes and the outside of the card. Had to..no, really. There are so many other sentiments that would combine with "it's o-fish-al" that I know this little fellow will see lots of ink:) Thanks for visiting.
Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: