Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Outstanding!



I am cat-crazy in case you didn't notice and this quirky little stamp which looks hand drawn by a child was impossible to resist. It's called Triangle Kitty and can be found at Stamp N Plus Scrap N. I stamped 4 images on white cardstock which I then coloured with my Prisma pencils. Using multiples of the same image is a great way to use a smaller stamp effectively on a card.

 I cut the images into rectangles and matted them on black cardstock. The background paper was from my scrapbox. The sentiment was computer generated and also mounted on black. I used  four little pink brads and knotted a piece of pink ribbon for the embellies.

Such a simple card but it works because of the bright colours, white space, high contrast, and mostly, because of the cute image. It makes me smile. Hope it does the same for you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Life is good; so is art.

5 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

What a cute way to showcase this adorable kitty! There was a time when I owned every cat stamp ever made and I've had this little kitty in my collection forever. You have shown me a new way to use it.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a super duper cute card....daughter is swooning...she's a cat girl! Love that you made the star of the show pink!!!!

Sarah said...

Cute idea for a Kitty card, I know that my mother would love this!

Unknown said...

Cool blog love the retro type of cards you make...have joined your blog as a new follower/member...love annie

Anonymous said...

Adorable creating! love the pink kitty!