Tuesday, August 07, 2012

SNP Challenge #3 Flowers

Wow! Another month has come and gone. The good news is that it's time for a new challenge at Stamp N Plus.The theme this month is flowers and you must use a Stamp N Plus stamp on your project to enter. There are tons of flower stamps on the store's website to choose from.



I chose this gorgeous rose corner stamp for my card focal. I coloured it with my Prismacolor pencils using a little OMS to blend the leaves. Then I fussy cut the image and popped some foam tape on the back to add a little dimension. The great thing about this stamp is that you can use only the center three roses fussy cut if you want a smaller version. Love that!



The background paper is from MME Lost and Found Rosy stack. It's double sided so I split it on the diagonal and flipped one piece over. The space in the center was covered with green satin ribbon. Green dot textured cardstock was used for the flourishes, the corner piece, and to back the computer-generated sentiment. Lots of flat back pearls were added to the flourishes and rose centers to add shine and more texture. Black Soot Distress ink was smudged on the outside edges of the card to frame it.

Thanks for looking at my challenge card. Be sure to check out the projects from the rest of the DT by visiting the Stamp N Plus blog and their individual blogs. It's worth the trip :) I hope you'll join our challenge this month. I look forward to seeing all that creativity in action.

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

3 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Great shading on the yellow roses. Love the effect of the diagonal cuts.

Beverly Montez said...

This is beautiful. I love how you used the flower and the flourish together.

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely a stunning card Bonnie!! Gorgeous coloring with the flowers and your design is so striking with your two papers and flourishes.