Tuesday, September 11, 2012

AWNB - There's a new Sheriff in Town

Hello, my name's Bonnie and I'm addicted to art dolls...LOL. And I have no intention of getting help. I'm just going to enjoy the ride :)




Welcome to Week 2 of our Art With No Boundaries Such a Doll challenge. This week we had the pleasure of working with the new Sheriff Art Doll template from CS Designs.The expression on his face makes me laugh. It's that " Don't mess with Miss Kitty" look that he learned from Marshall Dillon :) How cute would he be on a birthday card or scrapbook page.



Sheriff  Joe's face was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, using OMS to blend. His handlebar moustache ( think Sam Elliott, the actor) is actually a sticker that I have been itching to use. His hat is cut from cardstock using the template in this kit. A hat band was added along with a feather. An extra brim section was cut to pop up on foam tape for dimension. All edges of the hat were inked for depth and shading.




Sheriff Joe is dressed for action. His shirt and pants are from two different scraps of cardstock, shaded with Prismacolor pencils and doodled with white or black pens. His little shirt buttons are Liquid Pearls although he likes to think they are mother-of-pearl. A little vain is our Joe :) His boots are made from some funny bubbly paper from my stash that Joe thinks looks like snakeskin. Brown cardstock was cut to look like a leather layer at the bottom. Again, all edges were inked and faux stitching added because the details make me smile. His neckerchief was cut from red velvet ribbon and shaded with Prismas. Joe doesn't know it's velvet...he just thinks it's soft. I wanted the texture.

Joe's gunbelt was hand drawn and a gold belt buckle was added along with a printed sheriff badge. The badge comes with the CS Designs template so I coloured a piece of white cardstock with gold acrylic paint and printed the star from the digital image. I only had shiny gold paper which doesn't take my computer ink well which is why I used the paint. The buckle was punched and the belt and buckle doodled. Chris is coming out with a line of accessories for this Sheriff template. Joe and  I can't wait to see them. He thinks he needs a Deputy...or two. And maybe a dirty rotten villain to capture:)



Joining Joe today is the town's school marm. Yep, I made another one!





 I used the same Funky Art Doll 1 template from CS Designs but this time I switched out the face, using the one from Chris' Little Babushka 1 digital image, Anastasia. I also used the Striped Circular Petal Frame, another CS Designs digital image. I coloured Anastasia's face with my Prismacolor pencils, using OMS to blend. The I just started doodling tangles with my Micron pen. I filled in the hair on the Anastasia image, then doodled in some of the white spaces on the striped circular petals image. I cut the body and limbs from heavy white cardstock using the template for the shapes and just played. It's very relaxing to doodle like that with no plan. The repetitive patterns are very calming.




Red brads joined her arms and legs to her body allowing her to pose and dance. A red heart was the only other spot of colour I added. Anything else would take away from her busy outfit.



I hope you enjoyed meeting the tangled version of Anastasia. Maybe you'll feel inspired to make an art doll of your own and link up to Art With No Boundaries so I can visit her...or him.

Zip over to the Art With No Boundaries blog to check out the rest of the posse made by the other DT members. They are so creative and fun. I hope you'll join in this fortnight's Such a Doll bonus round challenge or our Anything Goes Challenge at AWNB. I am excited to visit your blogs and view your creations.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

8 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Both of these are awesome! Love the whimsical sheriff and his boots are fantastic, and the Zentangley goodness of the others is gorgeous!

ParkNSlide said...

Love, love, love the whimsy here. Joe definitely needs a Miss Kitty girlfriend and a side-kick. All those stitching details and shading add so much to his outfit. The color combo and the awesome details on the school marm are wonderful---bet teaching art is one of her specialties.

Beverly G said...

As usual your Sheriff is loaded with great details, so cute, love the Matt Dillon and Sam Elliott hints. Of course, your Zentangle school marm is beautiful.

Paula said...

Your sheriff looks great and very manly. I love all those extra details, his scarf, the feather in his hat. How big is his moustache? L.O.L. I love his boots as well.
Your zentangle doll is stunning too.

Ellis said...

Love your sheriff and his Sam Elliot moustashe, I totally get that! =) Your tangled Anastasia looks gorgeous too, like the red details among the black and white! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lori said...

Your sheriff is adorable - I'm in love with the mustache and those great textured boots! And that black and white graphic zentangle doll is gorgeous!

~ginny said...

Oh my... I am in love with your tangled doll! LOVE Zentangles and it is so good to see it in your work. I like the face in color that you chose to use too!
~ginny

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Bonnie, I just love your Sheriff more and more every time I see him. He is such a character and definitely quite manly with that black mustache and gun at his side. Your Zentangle doll just leaves me speechless. She looks so beautiful and demure but also so downright cool.
:) Chris / CS Designs