Monday, September 24, 2012

CYP Challenge 129 - Buttons & Bows



Another Monday...another fun challenge at Craft Your Passion. This week's theme is Buttons and Bows. You must include at least two buttons and a bow in your project design. Easy peasy, right?


This week I was able to play with Betsy the cow, a fun image from StampFairy. She's sure to bring a smile to the face of the card receiver. I thought I'd make a Thank You card just for that purpose. Betsy was coloured using my Prismacolor pencils and using a little OMS to blend. I didn't want my colours too blended because I was looking for texture and a hairy look :) Betsy likes to go au naturel. No waxing for her.

I used a template to cut the bottom of the white cardstock which held the image. Faux stitching and inking of the edges added detail. This was layered over black and white dot CS and then yellow CS. leaving a layer of the card showing around the outside. Black & white dotted ribbon was added in two spots and two red buttons were popped up on foam at the ends of the ribbons.

The sentiment was written on the computer, punched out, doodled, and mounted on red cardstock to bring a bit of red to the third point of the visual triangle. A red floss bow was added to Betsy's hair with a dot of Glossy Accents.

Check out the rest of the sweet projects the DT made this week on the Craft Your Passion Challenge blog and then come and join in the fun by linking up with us. Remember, 2 buttons and one bow. I'm looking forward to seeing your designs. "Moo"chas gracias for visiting!

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sentiment really appeals to my sophisticated sense of humour :D

ParkNSlide said...

She's just MOO-vah-lous! Love the dotted ribbon and the red buttons & bow.

~ginny said...

One of many things I like about your blog is the way you write up the "story" of your card. I like the background you give and especially like the technique breakdown. Oh, and BTW - I like your au natural Betsy!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Michelle said...

Lovely this cow with ribbon. And I love the sentiment.
LG Michelle

Anonymous said...

Besty's looking very glam wearing her bow and just love the sentiment.Fabulous design too.
Lisa x