Monday, May 19, 2014

Oceans of Joy ~ CYP Challenge 214


Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians! I was able to get out into the garden a couple of times in the past few days so my flower beds are looking much better. I have a bumper crop of weeds from all of the rain we have had...lol. We have a new challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. The theme is Pearls and Lace and our fabulous sponsor is Aurora Wings. I am a huge fan of Mitzi's art so I was delighted to play with this sweet Blingy Mermaid with Shoe image for my card. I coloured her with Prismacolor pencils, adding some metallic gel pens to her jewellery and Stickles to her shoe. She was an absolute delight to colour with that fabulous hair and those scales. She was fussy cut with a narrow white border and then matted with black cardstock before being cut out again. Then she was popped up on foam tape to create dimension and shadow.



The background paper comes from K& Co.'s SW Nature Paper Pad. Love the mottled green and gold for the ocean theme. A scrap of kraft cardstock was torn and then tortured! I crumpled it and then inked it with Vintage Photo Distress ink to create the sand layer. It was adhered to the blue-green background and then that layer was matted with black cardstock. A length of delicate lace was tucked under the top edge of the "sand". Some seaweed (work with me, people!) was cut from bronze metallic paper with a Memory Box Twigs die and tucked under and over the lace. A tiny white bow was added to the one branch.


The sand was partially covered with glittery K & Co. seashell stickers and flat pearls. The sentiment was computer generated, cut with a SB die and matted in black. Faux stitching was doodled around the outside. A double row of pearls embellished the top of the card and brought a little white up there to create flow. Dew Drops were adhered to the background to look like bubbles coming from our little mer-friend.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. My mer-friend and I both appreciate that. When you get a chance, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenge blog to see the lovely Lace & Pearls creations by the rest of our talented DT. We would love to have you play along with us. The lace can be real or punched which leaves lots of leeway for your imagination and supplies to play along.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Pea Stampers ~ Use Kraft
Sister Act Card Challenge ~ #57 Anything Goes
QKR Stampede ~ # 88 Punches or Dies
Creative Fingers ~ #36 Anything Goes with Aurora Wings
Addicted to Stamps ~ #82 Inspired by a Song ( Under the Sea...which is now stuck in my head!)
613 Avenue Create ~ #72 Anything Goes

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment: