Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The East Wind Challenge #39 ~ For the Little Ones


Hi everyone. We are beginning a new challenge today on The East Wind blog. The challenge is called For the Little Ones and we want to see something made for a child or featuring a child. I figured with school starting here just last week, a bookmark would be a great choice for a project as many little ones will be starting their nightly 20 minute reading time again. I chose two images from The East Wind which were connected by a cat theme. When I read, there is always at least one of my cats volunteering to help me by sitting on the book.



I coloured Bed Time Story and the little bits of sleeping Tuxedo Cat that would show coloured pencil with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. They were then both fussy cut leaving a narrow white border. I had two atc size pieces of white cardstock which I had used to mop up overspray of Starburst and Adirondack inks so I used one as a whole and chopped the other into two sections. A black pen was used to doodle a border around all three. The little reader was placed on the whole background and Tuxedo Cat was adhered to the larger of the two sections. A Lawn Fawn alphabet stamp set was used to stamp the sentiment on the smaller section and a hand cut heart finished it off.


All three segments were spaced evenly on a black tag background and adhered flat so that they would survive longer in a book. A scrap of washi tape over white cardstock was punched as a reinforcement and added around the tag hole. Black and white plaid ribbon was used as the simple topper.

That's it for my sweet little bookmark. The little reader, Tuxedo Cat, and I thank you for visiting today. We appreciate that! When you get a chance, be sure to stop by The East Wind Challenge blog where the rest of the Blog Team have their fabulous creations displayed. We would love to have you play along with us in our For the Little Ones challenge: Something for a child or something that features a child. I hope we see you there!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: