Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Personal Shopper ~ Day 12 of the 12 Days of Creepmas


Bwa Ha Ha! Airless Chambers has once again been celebrating Creepmas by joining the 12 days of Creepmas Blog Hop organized by Smeared Ink. It's my turn to host the hop at Airless Chambers with my art journal project for Day 12.


My journal page is about my perfect solution to all of the stresses of finding just the right gift for each person on my list. I hired a personal shopper, the star of the image known as Creepmas Shopper. Isn't she amazing? I coloured her and all of her purchases with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. Red Stickles was added to her cigarette end to make it glow and to the holly berries in her hair. White embossing paste was added to the Santa hat, and Glossy Accents to all the eyeballs. The image was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border which was then matted with black.


The background started as a 6 x 8 inch rectangle of green glittery dotty paper. A wreath stamp was added with Library Green Archival ink and a crosshatched pattern with Fern Green Archival. Washi tape was applied to white cardstock, trimmed with a fishtail end and applied in three places. The one grounding her eas given a black triangle end and a white metal snowflake coloured with a red Copic marker. The other two were topped with purple buttons threaded with purple floss to connect to the purple in the image. Black cardstock corners were added and black snowflakes punched and adhered randomly. The sentiment was computer generated, printed on white cardstock and matted with black. Both the words and my shopper were popped up on foam tape to create dimension. To finish the page, black Big Brush pen was added to the edges and black matting to the entire page to frame it.

Thanks so much for stopping by. If you want contact info for this shopper so you are all set for next year, message me...LOL. Won't people be surprised when they open their gifts!

Merry Creepmas!




2 comments:

~ginny said...

LOL! Love it Bonnie! Your sense of humor is so up my alley! Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2016 to you!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Words and Pictures said...

I laughed out loud when I saw her - fabulous funky colouring as ever - so vivid and so cool! Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
Alison xx