Monday, March 07, 2016

Week 9 ~ Joggles Art Journal Adventure


Hi everyone. I played in one of my art journals today completing my spread in response to Barb's prompt for the Joggles Art Journal Adventure Week 9 which was Longing For Spring. And boy, am I ! As usual, I kept some elements the same and varied others to suit my personal style. Instead of using Dylusions paints in the background, I spritzed the page with Lindy's California Poppy Gold and Marigold Yellow Orange and dried it with the heat tool. Then I spritzed Drop Dead Gorgeous Green Starburst Spray through TCW's Tile Texture Stencil and dried it again.



Yellow Ochre Archival Ink was sponged through the harlequin portion of Dylusions Diamond of a Border in several places. Peacock Feathers Distress Ink was applied with a TH splatter stamp to create the green coloured dots.


Joggles' Large Doodle Circle and Scribble Flowers #2 stamps were applied with Jet Black Archival to scraps of watercolour paper coloured with Starburst Sprays. Scribble Flowers #2 and #4 were also stamped onto mop-up cardstock with orange tones. I always keep ATC size rectangles of cardstock on my desk and use them to gather up the over-spray when spritzing with ink. They come in very handy for things like this. Stickles were added to the flower circles both for the sparkle and for the dimension it added. Music paper with left over green paint was used to stamp Joggles Leaf #2 and #4 and also to freehand cut the stems. Black pen was used to outline them and Idea-ology rub-on words were added near the leaves and stems.


I wanted to add a"Ground" line so the stems were anchored in some way so I cut a wonky strip of drywall mesh and colourized it with Peacock Feathers Distress ink. Black pen was used to outline it and create a border. The word Spring was stamped with a Hero Arts set of letters in three places to become part of the border. Black Marble and White Linen Dylusions Paints were used to add the rings using bottle lids. The final touch was to stamp a wee ladybug onto the same paper used for some of the flowers and adhere it next to the one stem.

Thanks for popping by today. I am delighted that you did that. If you haven't checked out Barb's Weekly Art Journal Adventure prompts on the Joggles blog, I encourage you to do that. They are a lot of fun and we have an AJA Facebook group with fabulous, friendly and talented folks who are also playing along. It's a great little community and we'd love to have you join us.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

CaroleAnn said...

Bonnie, I have to say I love this creation of springtime you created. Since I am new to art journaling - question - do you work right on your page attached or do you remove the page to work on? I am never really sure how to begin with the pages. Guess it would matter what type of journal you have and how the pages are bound into it! Once again you are an inspiration to me! Hugs