Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The East Wind Challenge #57 ~ You Da Man


Hi everyone! We have a new challenge beginning today at The East Wind Challenge blog.. Our theme this time is You Da Man! so we want to see masculine themed cards...suitable for a boy or a man. I always find these make my wee brain work extra hard for some reason. For my DT inspiration project, I chose to feature The East Wind image called Lucy Loo Lucy Style


I coloured Lucy with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. As usual, I kept the colours very intense, my favourite style. Lucy Loo was fussy cut rright on the outside lines rather than leaving a narrow white border as I usually do. I did adhere the image to black cardstock and fussy cut again leaving the black border which helps her stand out against the background. She was then popped up on foam tape to add dimension and shadow.


The background began with a 4 x 5 1/8 inch rectangle of green cardstock with white dots. One of the Stampendous Mish Mesh stamps and Joggles/Margaret Applin Vintage Correspondence Stamp were applied to the background using Fern Green Archival Ink. A segment of a flags border was adhered to the left side and Lucy Loo to the right side. Three sizes of die cut stars were matted with black and adhered to the top right corner. The sentiment was computer generated and printed on white cardstock. The words were cut apart and matted with black cardstock before being popped up on foam tape. To finish, the background was matted on black cardstock and adhered to a white card base.

Thanks so much for popping by today. Lucy Loo and I appreciate that. To see the other fabulous DT inspiration projects for this You Da Man! Challenge, be sure to stop by The East Wind Challenge blog. We would love to have you play along with us and create a masculine themes project. Check out Unky's images at The East Wind shop...you're sure to find inspiration.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: