Saturday, July 02, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Week 25 Fantasy Colours


Hi everyone. I made some time to play in my Art Journal Adventure journal yesterday and today. This time I was responding to Barb's Week 25 prompt which asks us to use fantasy colours  on an object. Barb featured her awesome Jurassic Leaves stamps and since I just got mine, I wanted to play with them, too. I decided to make them into fantasy trees and add a crazy blue cat to the scene.


I stamped the Jurassic leaves #2, #3, #4 onto white cardstock and coloured them with Prismacolor pencils using the brightest combinations I could :) The cat, a Stampotique Originals stamp called Gucio Walking, was done in the same fashion as the leaves, although Turquoise Stickles was added to make him extra sparkly. All images were fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and then matted with black cardstock. Gucio was popped up on foam dots and the trees (leaves) were adhered directly to the background once it was done.


The background was actually one I had sprayed for an earlier page and then decided not to use it. If I remember correctly, the page was spritzed with Drop Dead Gorgeous Green, Freaky FrankenLime, and Bells of Ireland Green Lindy's Starburst Sprays. The Joggles Big Leaves stencil was placed across the background and spritzed with Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Spray. This gave a very subtle shimmer which my camera skills could not capture. It's very pretty and subtle in real life. Once the images were all adhered to the background, 1.5 inch Sticky Snippets circles were peeled from a sheet  decorated previously and offset with black punched circles to create a shadow. They were then scattered around the page making sure that some were slightly off the page. Black pen was used to outline the circles and help them stand out since I was using green on green.


Barb used black painted circles in her inspiration piece. I decided to punch two sizes of little circles and adhered them around the background. Another green toned background which I had done at an earlier date but was having trouble making work was die cut a few times with a grass die and then layered over the bottom of the "trees". Gucio was placed on top of the grass so his little kitty feet still showed. Stampotique Originals Dot Swirl stamp was applied to the background with Forget-Me-Not Archival Ink and again with Library Green Archival Ink. Black Big Brush Pen was used to edge the sides and bottom of the page. To break up all the green and give the eyes a place to rest, white Texture Paste was scraped through TCW's Tiny Circles in a few places.


Thanks for joining Gucio and me in my fantasy forest. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this page and loved colouring those wonderful Jurassic Leaves. Pure play! If you haven't already been following along with the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb's weekly Monday prompts, it's not too late. You can join in at any point and we'd love to have you join our fabulous AJA Facebook group as well.It's an awesome group and there's always something new to see and learn:)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: