Monday, September 25, 2017

Another page in my Kraft, Black, & Cream Junk Journal


Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted a page for my on-going WIP, my kraft, black, and cream junk journal. Sometimes life gets in the way of creating for the sheer pleasure of it. I managed to finish a couple more pages so I'm stealing away some time to share the first one here. Most of my pages are in the vicinity of 5.75 x 8.75 inches in size but I wanted to change that up a little so I chopped the length of this one to 7.25 inches. I like when all the pages are not the same and because these are unbound, I can go back and throw in some odd sizes any time I want. I added a punched border on the edge of the page before I stitched around the kraft background and inked the edges with Coffee Archival Ink. Black cardstock reinforcements were punched and adhered around the holes.


The same ink was used to edge the half doily which I used as a tuck spot. It had also been stamped with a Bo Bunny script stamp before it was layered over a strip of selvedge fabric with a fringed edge. I have become quite the hoarder of anything that I think might become an element on a junk journal page...LOL. On top of the doily and fabric strip, I used a scrap of designer paper which already had holes punched on one edge.


I wanted some space for hidden journalling so I folded a 5.5 x 8 inch rectangle of cream cardstock in half and rounded the corners. Coffee archival was used to edge all sides inside and out and faux stitching was added to the front edges only with a sepia Micron pen. I have had this fabulous bee printed burlap trim for ages because I love bee images so I decided to cut a circle around the bee and make it the focal of my little journalling booklet. I layered him over a scrap of  kraft paper with a star punched from it and then coloured in the star once it was adhered to the background. Over that was adhered a scrap of corrugated coffee sleeve inked around the edges with Coffee Archival and scuffed over the corrugation with white gesso. A tiny scrap of cheesecloth bridges the place where the burlap meets the corrugated paper, and an Idea-ology Big Chat sticker provided the word Imagine. The top right corner was finished with punched and inked text stars offset with some black ones to create a shadow effect, as well as three little black enamel dots. A tiny TH paperclip keeps this booklet in place under the tuck spot.


The reverse side of the page was quick and easy. A6 x 6 inch piece of designer paper was cut to fit and the edges were inked with Coffee Archival before it was adhered to the center of the page. Part of the kraft paper which I cut off to change the size of this page was stamped with a ruler stamp using Coffee Archival. This was layered horizontally near the bottom of the page, adhering only the left and right edges to form a band into which I could tuck tags. A strip of corrugated coffee sleeve was inked and adhered over that...love that texture and you can see the slight curve along the top edge.


The larger tag was created by stitching  a rectangle of map paper to one of coffee dyed paper both for stength and to give a journalling spot on the back. Before it was stitched, a music paper scalloped circle was inked and folded over the top edge so it showed front and back. A die cut and embossed butterfly with a threaded button center was adhered to decorate the music circle. The smaller tag was stamped with a second generation text stamp to make the text more faded and uneven. It was stitched around and then inked with Coffee Archival. A tiny envelope was die cut from kraft paper and the heart opening was layered on the back with a scrap of black. The word notes is a TH Chit Chat sticker. A length of lace became the small tag topper and it was held to the larger tag with another paperclip.


The backs of the tags were only embellished with TH rub-ons  to allow lots of space to write.

Thanks for joining me today. I appreciate your stopping by. I have another page for this same junk journal but I will leave that for another post. I am having great fun with this project and am not nearly finished with it yet :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: