Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Another Six Junk Journal Tags


Hi everyone. As I mentioned last week, I went a little tag crazy using up bits and pieces of scraps to add to my tag stash for junk journals. I am so grateful for the lovely comments and interest people have shown in these over on the Junk Journal Junkies Facebook group. Here are another 6 tags, the smallest (above) being 2.5 x 3.5 inches and the largest 3.25 x 6.25 and all of them featuring Tim Holtz Paper Dolls. They make for such a quick tag focal and are so darn cute, to boot.


The tags themselves were cut from collage style designer paper from Recollections Vintage Country Paper Pad which has been sitting on my shelf for far too long. Time to let it see the light of day :) All of the tag edges and most of the embellies were edged with Coffee Archival Ink. I tend to use this instead of Vintage Photo Distress Ink because it's permanent and won't reactivate if the journal gets wet or I use a wet medium. The tag edges were also inked with Black Big Brush Pen to frame them.


Part of doilies, ephemera from sources like Etsy, Pinterest, and ephemera packs were added to the design, many of them left over from previous projects. I don't like throwing things away if there is still potential value in them. On the tag above as well as the next one, I added one of my inked, folded, and sewn music paper strips to the bottom edge as a sort of ruffle.


Most of the single word sentiments are Idea-ology ChitChat or Big Chat stickers which relate in my mind to the images and ephemera on the tag.


The tag toppers vary from rickrack to ribbon, and even strips of canvas. Tiny staples, brads, buttong, and fine hemp were used to add a little more interest to the toppers and also make them more permanent. It's always fun to make those little decisions as I go along about what will suit the tag or the image at that moment.


The final tag above is the largest of this set of six. It has more elements because there was more real estate to play with.besides the doily and paper dolls, I included a shoe store tag with a little coffee dyed cheesecloth behind it, and a small embellishment cluster with layers of corrugated cardboard, dotty burlap, and a word embellie popped up on brown cardstock. The frayed piece along the bottom was cut from the selvedge edge of a piece of fabric and was hand stitched with fine string. This tag was all about the texture :)

Thanks for stopping by today. I always appreciate your visits. I have another set of tags which I will share later this week...some even smaller than the first of this set. If you haven't had a chance and are interested in junk journals and making your own embellishments, pop over to the Junk Journal Junkies Facebook group. There is an incredible amount of talent and inspiration there as well as all kinds of encouragement from the supportive community. It's a great place to hang out :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie





No comments: