Monday, May 07, 2018

Joggles Art Journal Adventure - Week 19


Hi everyone. It's Week 19 of the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb has chosen the prompt: add texture to the background using collage scraps, washi tape, or masking tape. That's an easy one for me because I have been doing a bunch of collage projects lately plus I have an over abundance of paper scraps from which to draw :) I use and use them and they never seem to go down in number...magic! The page which I am working this time is a 5 5/8 x 6 inch kraft page in my disc bound journal.


I began by pulling a number of scraps which I thought would play well together. Then I auditioned them in different combinations and places until I liked what I saw. That's when I started to glue. I used scraps of book text and one cut from the pink grid paper to cover the seams where the papers butted against each other and added one of the Laurel Burch Icons stamps in a few places using Jet Black Archival Ink. I like the way it adds a pop of black and pattern both vertically and horizontally.


To add a little more black detail, I outlined the scraps and faux stitched the edges. The bright floral paper in the center of the page needed to be knocked back and blended in a little so I dry brushed white gesso over it as well as adding some to the other sections to create unity. A scrap from the perforated edge of a shipping paper as well as half a punched circle of designer paper were also added and outlined. I liked how the page was coming together.


I wanted to add a silhouette of a dandelion as the focal for the page. I love the joy of blowing dandelion seeds and making a wish at the same time and that's what I wanted this page to reflect. The die used to cut this is Memory Box Dandelion Stem. I also cut the leaves from another Memory Box die called Lorelai Leaf and adhered that over the other stem.


The part of the leaf die which I had cut off was added to the bottom left corner section. White paint pen dots and other highlights were added to the die cuts. I usually like to add wording on my pages and I thought three positive words would fill out the design quite well. I used three different sizes and fonts pulled from alphabet stickers.


White paint pen dots were added to the largest of the three words as well as to the three punched butterflies adhered above the dandelion. The butterflies seemed to finish the design because black touches were then found in every paper section. The final steps were to ink around the outside edges of the page with Coffee Archival Ink and then apply Black Big Brush Pen over that to frame the page.


Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate you doing that. You can see how others in the Art Journal Adventure Facebook group respond to the Week 19 prompt to add texture to the background using collaged scraps, washi tape, or masking tape. I can't wait to see where everyone goes with this one :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie



No comments: